30 December 2008

Repeat Threshold Test

Duration = 30:01
Distance = 2.30
Calories = 238
Max HR = 181
Avg HR = 145
Running Index = 40
Max Cadence = 97
Avg Cadence = 86

This was basically a repeat of the test I did on 19 November. This was modified a bit. Warm-up was 7 minutes at 4.0 mph and a grade of 1.5%. At 7:00, I increased the grade to 3.0% keeping the speed at 4.0. The test was 0.3 mph faster after each 90-second interval. Final speed today was 6.7. This is 1.0 mph faster than last time with a lower heart rate.

I'm going to push the time trial back to Friday. While I showed improvement since November, I didn't have the ease that I'm used to. I may still be recovering from the hill runs. At least my form was better. The next one of these will probably be at the beginning of March. I will start that test with a warm-up at 5.0 and increment from there.

No comments: