28 December 2008

Colder Hilly Run

Duration = 36:43
Distance = 2.95
Calories = 314
Max HR = 173
Avg HR = 151
Running Index = 37
Max Cadence = 99
Avg Cadence = 87

Little wind and around 45 F when I started. Same route as last time. A little stiffer and my form suffered. I will definitely make the point to get outside and actually run as much as I can this winter. I was wearing the long leg covers in addition to the hat, jacket, shirt and shorts I was wearing last time.

The major issue is lack of familiarity with hills and maintaining a set pace. I did much better on keeping the cadence up.

I will be taking tomorrow off and then redoing the threshold test. This will be follow on New Year's Day with a time trial to set my targets for the next month. I'm hoping to run a 5K on the 1st of February in Novi, Michigan. This will allow me to set February unless I do particularly poorly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on keeping the cadence up. I got a little clip metronome that I use on my long runs to try and keep an even cadence. I'm trying to do 82 going out and 84 coming back. Trying, would be the operative word. Heh.