02 March 2009

New Shoes

Duration = 45:13
Distance = 2.99
Calories = 256
Max HR = 128
Avg HR = 114
Running Index = 52
Max Cadence = 74
Avg Cadence = 70

Starting this week with new shoes. I plan to wear them for the whole week. I had a minor issue getting the HRM to note the new shoes. I had to turn on the option for the second pair of shoes and associate the stride sensor with them. These shoes are a touch smaller than my other pair and, as such, may fit better.

After getting started at 3.0 mph for a few minutes, I increased the grade to 3.0%. I eventually pushed the speed to 3.8 mph. I never got above Zone 2 during this walk. I have to remember that these are supposed to be easy days, but I need some aerobic effect.

Jeff Galloway's book, Training Programs, and an interval timer came in the mail today. Hopefully, the book will give a better idea how I'm supposed to approach each of these sessions. His website was less than clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What type of interval timer did you get?

Traveller said...

It's the Gymboss timer from Jeff Galloway's website. I haven't opened the plastic yet to get to it. It is basically a belt clip. It can beep and/or vibrate after set intervals for as long as you let it run. I plan to set it for the run/walk interval I find healthy. Then, I don't have to watch the watch. It will remind me to change pace.

I spent most of last night reading the book. I may have been too concerned with my pace on the walks in the program I've been following. I am in good shape with respect to my pace for the Tuesday/Thursday Run/Walk and the Sunday Long Run/Walk.