26 November 2008

Treadmill Interval Session

Duration = 30:01
Distance = 2.16
Calories = 298
Max HR = 187
Avg HR = 153
Running Index = 32
Max Cadence = 92
Avg Cadence = 73

Warm-up for 5 minutes. Started at 2.0 mph and added .5 each minute to 4.0. Started stress phase at 5.0. Plan was for 2 minutes at 5.0 with a 1 minute burst to 7.0 for 5 repeats. After the second burst, I stayed at 5.0 for an extra minute then did the 1 minute burst. I ran the last sequence as 2.5 minutes, 1 minute burst, and 1.5 minutes to the end of the stress. Cool-down was 10 minutes starting at 4.0 and slowing to 2.0 for the last 3 minutes. Slow and deliberate stretching finished out the session.

Mechanically, I felt great. I was starting to get some fatigue ache in the muscles during the last two repeats, but nothing severe. Key is that I have no sharp pain indicating a problem needing attention. Near the end of the stress and through part of the cool-down, I didn't feel all that great, but, by the end and after the stretches, I was feeling pretty good again. Now, as I write this, I'm in that vaguely tired stage. Another good thing is that I don't feel discomfort sitting in this chair.

No comments: