12 November 2008

That will teach me (yeah, right)

Duration = 40:00
Distance = 2.19
Calories = 269

I dropped the Monday session because I wanted to give myself a break after the FtF assessment. That was probably okay. But I should have done something on Tuesday.

Standard treadmill session. 5 minute warm-up, 30 minutes run/walk, and 5 minutes cool-down. Stretch before and after. I had more discomfort in my shins, knee, and ankles than normal. I did a short run, but decided to finish with a fast walk with another short run near the end.

Tomorrow, I get a Heart Rate Monitor with a foot pod. Then, I will have more data to dig through. It might even help with the training. It will definitely help with the timed runs as I will be able to run a set pace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you tap your toes on the ground before you run you will not only feel slightly stupid but it's supposed to really help with shin splints.

I really want a HRM, too. I'm hoping my family will love me this Christmas and get me the Garmin Forerunner 405 with HRM.

Traveller said...

Thanks for that tip. I may have to try that.

Hoping you get the HRM of your dreams.

Anonymous said...

Good news! My family bought me my Garmin today!

I can't wait for it to arrive.

We can compare our maximum heart rate and VO2's! Ha!

Traveller said...

Good News!

Sure. :-)