Finishing up 2009:
- I do walk occasionally at work. I will likely do more of this in the new year, but I will also likely not report it with its own entry.
- On the 15th of December, I started seriously training again. I am now in my third week of this.
- With my final weigh-in, I am 6 pounds lighter than at the start of 2009.
Not So Crazy Goals
- Lose 25 lbs (145 lbs)
- Sub 4-hour Marathon
- Sub 2-hour Half
- Sub 50-minute 10K
- Sub 25-minute 5K
Really Crazy Goals [I don't expect to get these in 2010, but they are out there for direction]
Races currently in the plan:
- Qualify for the Boston Marathon (sub 3-1/2 hour marathon)
- Sub 40-minute 10K
- Sub 20-minute 5K
I am currently using low HR, slow speed, training. My next major event is the Bataan Memorial Death March where I am entered as Military Heavy. This works out to a full marathon in military utility uniform, complete with combat boots, and wearing a 50-pound pack, 35-pounds of payload plus water and the pack itself. As I plan to march, not run, this event, the slow pace of the current training is quite event specific.
- Reese Winter Race Series 10K (Jan)
- Reese Winter Race Series 10K (Mar)
- Bataan Memorial Death March (Mar)
- Trail Half Marathon (Apr)
- Bolder Boulder 10K (May)
- Dexter to Ann Arbor Run Half Marathon (Jun)
- City to Surf Half Marathon (Aug)
- USAF Marathon (Sep)
Today is a rest day and I run a 10K tomorrow morning.
That's it for now.
[Edited 2010-03-28 to add tags, add goal weights, and note marathon completion]
[Edited 2010-06-08 to note half marathon PR]