24 February 2009

Great Progress - Run/Walk (2:1)

Duration = 45:01
Distance = 3.90
Calories = 451
Max HR = 191
Avg HR = 158
Running Index = 46
Max Cadence = 103
Avg Cadence = 85

This is my first session using the 2 minutes run/1 minute walk intervals. I did most of these at 6.o mph run and 3.0 walk. I did one pair at 8.0 for the run and 4.0 for the walk. I did get the beginning of a stitch in my left side. I was able to fend this off by playing with my breathing cycle to change the foot that I started breathing-in on.

This was the best session since my knee issues started in early January. Even with the walk intervals, I have a much better average pace for the 45 minutes than I had for the 5K on the 1st. In fact, I did 5K in about 36:25. (vs 40:41 in the race) I had no issues with the knee during this session. I think that the walk intervals helped. I'm just happy to be able to feel like I am making real progress again.

I will stay with the 2:1 cycle for the remaining two run/walk sessions left this week. Next week, I will change the shoes while keeping the intervals the same.

No comments: