12 January 2009

Taking it easy

I flew to Georgia over the weekend. Airline travel did not agree with my right knee. I took the weekend off hoping it would get better, but was still a problem after the flight home and shoveling the driveway. Today is a rest day, but I will take tomorrow off as well to see if I can let the knee mend itself. In the meantime, I am taking a low dose of ibuprofen which seems to be helping.

I am looking into strength training for the muscles that support the knee and will start back into the training with a slow run tomorrow, if I feel better, or Wednesday. I am also going to drop the speed work before the race on 1 February. Finally, the goal for the race is now a solid finish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the travel didn't agree with your knee. Are you really tall?

I hope your knee feels better really soon.

Traveller said...

No. Actually rather short (5'4"). Particularly in the legs. Most planes, I can't really put my feet on the floor comfortably as they don't quite reach.

Thanks, that makes two of us. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah, I see. I was thinking that you were so tall that you legs were cramped.

I have that same problem, I'm 4' 10.5" and my legs are often dangling. I think that's why I tend to sit with my legs crossed under me a lot.

Bar stools are also really uncomfortable at times if they don't have a foot rest I can reach.