25 January 2009

First Post-Hiatus Walk

Duration = 45:01
Distance = 2.65
Calories = 221
Max HR = 129
Avg HR = 115
Max Cadence = 72
Avg Cadence = 69

As planned, I did strength exercises Tuesday and Thursday. I also did a limited set Saturday evening. Tonight, I restarted training for next weekend's 5K with a 45-minute walk. I started at 2.0 mph and worked up to 3.5 mph over the first 7 minutes. I maintained 3.5 through the remainder of the 45 minutes. Other than extremely minor and momentary twinges, I had no pain or discomfort during the walk. I was feeling really good at the end of the 45. I had had an idea to extend to 60 minutes if I was feeling good, but I had certain pressing issues and stopped at the original target time.

After the fact, I still have some soreness on the outside of the knee. I will keep a watch on this during the day and during the recovery runs I have scheduled for next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your relatively pain-free walk!