30 October 2008

Not so good day

[I need to figure out how to make a template for these]

Duration = 40:00
Distance = 2.22
Calories = 305

I added an explicit 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down to the 30 minute planned run. I set the treadmill for 2.0 mph for both the warm-up and the cool-down. I'm not sure this helped. I figure I need to do better stretches before the run.

I tried to push the speed to 4.5 mph, but my legs were signaling that that was not a good idea. I dropped the speed down to 3.5 mph to recover and then pushed back up to 4.0 mph. I stayed there until near the end and pushed back up to 4.5 mph for the rest of the 30 minute section. This felt a bit better. No lingering stiffness or pain after the cool-down.

I think I'll ramp up from 2.0 to 3.0 (or 3.5) during the warm-up tomorrow. For now, 2.0 for the cool-down seems to be fine. Now, to research some more stretches.

No comments: