27 November 2009

Indoor Track in Springfield, IL

Duration = 47:00
Distance = 3.78
Calories = 420
Max HR = 184
Avg HR = 148
Running Index = 44
Max Cadence = 124
Avg Cadence = 90

After Thanksgiving, my wife and I did a road trip to Springfield, IL. Another member of our party noted that access to a local gym came with the room we were in. She and I took advantage of that access this evening before dinner.

She explored the indoor pools and did some water aerobics. I used their indoor track (13 laps per mile) as I have friends who think I already spend too much time on treadmills. There was never more than one other runner or walker on the track which was two lanes wide. I did the entire session aiming to keep my HR around 145 except for the three strides I ran on one of the longer straight sections. I also ran the last lap as a strong sprint.

[Posted 3 Dec 2009]

No comments: