12 July 2010

Strength Program Redux

Push-Ups Initial Test: 15
Sit-Ups Initial Test: 14

I will be following the 100 Push-Ups and 200 Sit-Ups programs. I will be doing these three days a week. Most weeks this will be Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I will likely move Saturday to Sunday if I do my long run on Saturday. Exhaustion tests will be inserted into the three-day-a-week pattern. I will start on Thursday with Week 1 Day 1 of each program.

Today was the Initial Test. I did fewer push-ups than when I started early last year. I did more sit-ups than when I started early last year. Both tests were with good form and not pushing real hard.

I need to be able to complete 34 sit-ups crunches in one minute to pass the assessment. I need to be able to complete 21 push-ups in one minute to meet the minimum requirement on that test. My goal here is to achieve maximum for push-ups with 44. (50 is maximum for sit-ups which I would love to meet but don't seriously expect this year.)

No comments: