09 February 2009

You have to walk before you can run

Duration = 30:42
Distance = 1.60
Calories = 104
Max HR = 107
Avg HR = 97
Max Cadence = 66
Avg Cadence = 63

Today was a walk. Mostly 3.0 to 3.2 mph. Knee feels better after than it did before. I am going to ease back into training. My next race is currently planned for 11 April as a 10K. I will likely drop back to a 5K for this race. The goal will be to be able to run the distance. I have strength exercises to try to improve the operation of the muscles around the knee to keep my current issues from recurring. I'm not sure yet what schedule I'm going to follow for the walking/running.

I will also be working on improving my upper body and abdominal strength using the programs associated with the badges I've added to the blog. I'm starting with 20 push-ups and 10 sit-ups. The push-ups are with good form and all the way from the ground to fully-extended. This is a bit further than required by the USAF Fit-to-Fight. However, the program site for the sit-ups calls for a crunch. For me, the USAF crunch is harder than the program calls for; so, I will be using the USAF crunch instead. Both of these programs are three days per week. I currently plan on them for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

No comments: